Seventies Style (Look Book)





Do you have that outfit which you feel amazing in and re-wear ALL. THE. TIME. This is that outfit. Actually, it's one of many. It just makes me feel confident. It makes a statement, attracts attention and ,if I say so myself, looks cute af. 

The seventies is an era that's always drawn me in, intrigued me and impressed me. Everything was so out there. Glam rock was in its prime pumping out artist like Bowie and T.Rex (both who I listen to on a daily basis), the musicians outrageous style was influencing fashion, fashion was influencing interiors and everything was changing, moving forward. So, given my love and admiration for seventies pop culture, I'm naturally drawn to an earthy colour pallet, garish floral prints and velvet wedges. Don't even get me started on flares. This outfit subtly nods to my favourite decade (actually it sort of screams seventies) and so I love it. 

Starting with the top, this off the shoulder, flared sleeved masterpiece is from New Look and I got it on sale at around £15.00. It's really well made, looks beautiful on and is extremely versatile; dressed up or down, this top will not disappoint. Next, the trousers. They have been one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe for a few years now, I got them in Topshop and I have never looked back- they're flawless. The combination of wide leg trousers and flared sleeves was even daunting for me, but, now that I've tried it I will never go back! When I put the top and trousers together they look so chic, more designer than high street. Paired with blue velvet chunky heels and a vintage scarf around your neck, you've got the ultimate nod to the seventies. 

I hope you enjoyed this little look book (and rave about the seventies). Tweet me pictures of your go to outfits @ alicerhodesart and leave me a comment below about your favourite era! Follow me on bloglovin for more posts like this one and have a lovely weekend!


Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment