New Year. New Goals.




This year I've decided to set some goals for 2018, some are small and some big but they're things I've been wanting to start for a while but passed them off as unrealistic dreams or things I simply haven't had time for. I'm going to do posts throughout the year on these goals as a little motivation to keep doing them and to show my journey learning new skills! 

1. Get fit!

Obviously, this is the goal half the world sets and about 100 people actually manage but this year I want to start doing something. I'm not aiming to run marathons or climb mountains but I just want to schedule in some exercise once a week. My plan is pretty achievable, I'm setting myself the 'task' of doing a bike ride a week, it's simple/easy and wont just improve my physical health but I believe getting out in the fresh air and looking after my body/health will majorly improve my mental health/general wellbeing. 

2. Baking/cooking.

By the end of this year I want to be making showstopper worthy bakes. I want to truly invest time and effort into learning new skills and techniques within baking as it's something I have always enjoyed and wanted to develop. As for cooking, my sister has gone to Uni this year and with that has brought upon the realisation that I have little skills/knowledge when it comes to cooking. Unlike baking I barely ever cook but this year I want to push myself and help out a bit more at home by making the evening meal every-so-often. 

3. Sewing/dress making.

Making my own clothes has always sounded appealing to me, the freedom that comes with     knowing how to sew has no boundaries! My aim for this year, and years to come, is to improve my textiles skills and hopefully, with my mum's guidance, learn how to make beautiful vintage style dresses in fabrics of my choice! Why wouldn't that sound appealing? I've vaguely started off this goal as I've begun to sew on all my guiding and swimming badges to my vintage denim jacket, it's something I've wanted to do for a while now so why not start over the Christmas break!

4. Growing my blog and art Instagram.

After watching YouTube and reading blogs since I was about ten I finally decided to create my own blog this summer, it was for many reasons: improving my writing, doing something I enjoyed but also to become a part of the community I've enjoyed watching/reading most of my life. This year I really want to find new bloggers, particularly 'teen' bloggers my age and make friends/acquaintances with people who share this hobby with me!

As for my art account ( alicerhodesart Instagram) I really want to grow my followers and get my art out their/more noticed, after all I am studying at art college so a little self promotion can't hurt! I'm currently sitting at around 900 followers but I really want to gain more followers and ones who are active on my account, that actually enjoy my art like how I love other Instagram artists work! 

I'd really, really love to know what your goals are in 2018, or if you don't set them! tweet them to my @ alicerhodesblog or leave me a comment on Instagram @ alicerhodesart. If you've written a similar post to this one I'd love to read it, share your links in the comments! Happy New Year, 

Alice Xx

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:




alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment