Monochrome.










Being a lover of retro prints and 'girly' florals, monochrome isn't a style I have previously tried. However, having recently bought a gorgeous lemon yellow skirt (which has made an appearance in all my posts so far....oops!) I was playing around with ways of styling it and discovered a new passion. Monochrome. Specifically, an outfit composed of variants of a colour, like yellow, rather than an all black look which is still slightly too unadventurous to me. So here I am writing a post on how I personally styled out a monochromatic look.

Noticeably, I didn't wear exclusively yellow on my day out in York but the goal of my look was to have all main pieces be primarily a shade of yellow. The first piece I previously mentioned is my Topshop skirt. I got it for around £30 which is a bit expensive for a 16 year old's budget but I've certainly got my wear out of it and would totally recommend the cut to anyone looking for a denim skirt- it's majorly flattering! The jumper is actually a birthday present I asked for from my sister which I found in a charity shop for only £4.50 (total bargain!). It's really oversized on me so I push up the sleeve cuffs giving the sleeves a bell arm effect which looks quite original. These two pieces are what really sparked my interest in monochrome as I believe the one colour effect made the look much more chic and classic.

To accessorise the look I couldn't fully commit to monochrome as there's only so much room for yellow in anyone's wardrobe. I used my favourite tote bag which shows the message 'Art Makes  Children Powerful' and is part of a campaign for more art in education and public life set up by Rob and Roberta Smith. In my hair I wore a retro patterned scarf with yellow and orange tones which complemented the monochrome beautifully. To finish I put on my blue slip-ons from Primark as I don't own any yellow shoes! I kept my makeup fairly simple but put on a bright orange lip to match the head band.

I will definitely be seen in a monochrome outfit again. It had such and 'wow' and effortless look even though I'd carefully constructed the outfit so that each piece complemented the tones of the other perfectly, admittedly, I even put on my New Look 'pizza socks' so they picked up the yellow theme!  


Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm loving this look on you! It reminds me that I've never actually got a single yellow item in my wardrobe... Quite surprising really as It's such a happy colour! It's really good that you're trying out a new style, and I love how you paired the yellow with blue!

    Lizzie Bee // Hello Lizzie Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to buy some yellow! I always feel happy wearing it! Thanks for leaving a comment Xx

      Delete