Family Christmas Dinner: OOTD







Every year me and my family that live further away meet up in November/December to have our family 'Christmas' dinner. Ever since I was little I've enjoyed getting dressed up for the meal, this year I decided to go for an elegant look with a classic cut dress and big curly locks. I was too busy playing Princesses and Knights with my little cousins  (turned out I had to be the dragon....brilliant!) to get photos of my outfit on the day, so I've had to do a little mock-up photoshoot in my room (hence the not-so-great angles!).

The dress isn't very 'wintery' and I actually bought it in the summer Topshop sales for £10 (bargain). However, I think my faux fur vintage coat did dress it up and made it more appropriate for this time of year (it's freeeeezing at the moment). I paired it with my pink velvet heals, burgundy bucket bag and some silver accessories to make the look a bit more glamorous and special. 

I wanted my hair and makeup to be equally as classy so I made my hair big and curly. I think straight, sleek hair would have been equally as nice but I have curly/frizzy hair naturally so it's hard to straighten (it took me 50 minutes to curl so I'm not even going to attempt straightening it any time soon). For makeup, I went for purple eye shadow and lips to match my dress, I used shades from my Makeup Revolution Palette and from the MAC Christmas sets that my lovely sisters got me last year! 

The meal was lovely and I think my outfit looked really nice! I'd love to know what you'll be wearing for family meals, date nights or parties this Christmas (tweet me @ alicerhodesblog ) Happy Blogmas Xx

Alice

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:




alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment