Spring/Summer Dresses: Best on the Hghstreet



Sure, with the beast from the east recently freezing the UK, spring dresses aren't on our minds. However, the shops are starting to stock their collections and oh my, they are gorgeous. The most appropriate words I can think of to describe the overriding trend of this spring season is elegance. The lengths are longer; the patterns are bold or floral and the message they convey is a girl who knows how to dress like a spring goddess. Gone are the winter colour palettes, new years sparkles and January Blues. It's time to bring back the feminine pastels and punchy primaries, the sun is coming and our wardrobes will bring equal amounts of joy to peoples faces as the warm weather!

H&M 


This dress screams simplicity and elegance. Pop on some white pumps and you're ready to go! The cut of the dress is stylish, classy and easy to wear. I think it would be perfect for summer in particular and thrown over a bikini or going out for dinner its simplicity will say everything. In this look you're a girl ready for the cover of vogue. 

New Look





The best way to describe my top three picks from New Look would be minimalism. I'm not always a fan of New Looks clothes these days and I often find their florals and patterns are fairly artificial looking. That's why I've selected three simple, monochromatic dresses. I think these would be both easy to style and constantly classy. Dressed up or down these three pieces are versatile and worthy of a place in a fashion bloggers wardrobe.


Topshop





Topshop is a total winner for me this season. They're back to their old tricks releasing gorgeous summer floral dresses in elegant, chic, vintage inspired cuts. It's fairly clear a longer length dress is the sought after look with a high-end sophisticated, but still youthful, style. My advice for these dresses is to not be shy, if you're going to invest in a stylish dress that will last through this Spring/Summer and more to come go for something bold and attention worthy like a vibrant yellow or shocking sixties floral and for God's sake- WEAR IT MORE THAN ONCE!

Urban Outfitters


This style of dress has made a revival in multiple high street stores and although Primark has a similar, far cheaper, version I can't help but be drawn to this Urban Outfitters piece. The yellow will attract attention from across the streets and for all the right reasons! You'll put a smile on the faces of passers by in this gorgeous, timeless dress.

Zara



Quoting Vogue 'polka dots are the graphic floral of this season' and my God Zara has done us proud. If there's one thing you do after reading this I beg you to search polka dot dress into Zara's search tool because these two INSANE dresses are just the cherry on top of Zara's polka dot dream. Yes, these dresses will be hard to style and they'll take confidence to rock but I believe in you! Words can't describe how much I love the shear polka dress, used as a cover-up or a statement dress, it's going to get everyone's attention. As for the complimentary blue and orange polka combo, well it's just cool. Enough said.

So, that's it! I've said all that I can about this years dresses. I'm aware that I haven't covered many short styles or sporty cuts but I'm writing based of my personal taste and the dresses on this post genuinely are my top picks for SS18. I hope you enjoyed this post and got some inspiration for your summer wardrobe this year, if you have any questions leave them in the comments and I will reply to them all! Please share this and follow me if you enjoyed the post,

 
Happy Shopping, Alice Xx



Follow my social media:


Alice


alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment