Models Own Review















Models Own is possibly one of the most underrated makeup brands out there. I know what you're thinking as you read that statement, isn't that brand marketed for younger girls/teenagers. I admit, that was what I thought before I first bought some of their beauty products and I didn't have too high expectations for the things I got. My God I was wrong! What was initially an impulse buy after me and my friend saw they had lipsticks for sale at £2.50 (bargain!), their Sheen Lipstick in the shade Fizzy Orange is now my all time favourite beauty product. I know that is quite a strong statement but as someone who wears lipstick a lot I expect mine to be long lasting and highly pigmented, I have to say Models Own is the only one that does it for me. It beats NYX which I used to swear by and I imagine most other affordable high street brands, at least all the ones I've tried. 

Onto the products I own: I have two Sheen Lipsticks 'Fizzy Orange' and 'Deep Plum' they're  definitely my favourite purchases as they are really easy to apply, feel moisturising and light on your lips and as I've previously said, they last forever. Secondly, one Matte Liquid Lipstick named 'Strawberry Mojito' its pigment is amazing and the shade of red is beautiful above all that it smells of peppermint! Honestly that won me over big time. There's  nothing worse than applying a beauty product that doesn't smell good and Models Own have nailed it with this scent (unless you don't like peppermint ...obviously). Next up a Holochrome Lipgloss in the shade 'Laser Lilac' , this stuff is what every 2000's babe would have dreamed of, I've layered it over a mac liquid lip in the photos but it looks equally cool on its own in a true 2000's style.

Aside from lip products I've cheekily got my hands on one Eyeshadow Dust in the shade 'Candlelit' which I use on my cheeks as a glitter highlight for concerts and festivals. Don't even get me started on its staying power, I wore it on my cheek with no primer, literally just patted down onto my foundation and it lasted for a whole Lana Del Rey concert. I left that sweaty arena with it still on my cheeks and looking brilliant! I was wearing it from around five until ten or eleven and it DID. NOT. BUDGE. Finally I have two nail polishes 'Prismatic' and 'Irised'. I imagine most people reading this owned some Models Own nail polish when they were younger so I don't need to say much about them but all I will say is they have got a shop wall worth of colours- pretty impressive. 

That's it, an all round positive review! Obviously I haven't tried all their products such as mascara and foundation but what I have used has been amazing, especially for the prices. Obviously this is all personal opinion and I you might not be quite convinced to put it at your top beauty product but I would recommend you trying the brand as I was totally shocked at how amazing their makeup is when I used it!

I'd just like to add I haven't been paid or asked to say any of this, I wanted to make this post because I truly love Models Owns products. Additionally, I'm sorry about the low quality images- I had to tke them on my I-Phone camera so they aren't amazing. If you liked this post give me a comment requesting some more ideas and things you'd like to read!



Follow my social media:


Alice Xx

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment