AW17: Best of the High Street



The shops are full of delightful finds at the moment and there are certain pieces I've had my eye on for weeks. As I'm broke and can't afford any of them, I thought I'd tell you about them instead!

(please note that I do not own any of the photos, they have been taken directly from the stores websites)





H&M £49.99

Primark £25.00

I am absolutely loving faux fur coats. I actually already own a leopard print coat and I wear it almost every day, it's certainly the time of year for them and the stores have stocked up. Like the H&M orange fur coat, lots of high street stores have opted for bold, vivid coloured coats which make a garish statement. I adore this H&M coat and think it looks so high end and stylish. Personally, I think this would look amazing if you regularly wear black and white/ monochrome, it would stand out and make an awesome, fun statement in your wardrobe!

Primark have put out a lot of coats this year and they are lovely! This white fluffy fur coat is a great example of how to look chic on a budget. It's subtle yet stylish and would compliment almost any outfit. If I were looking for a new coat or jacket this year I'd be heading to Primark as they have got some classy designs!


M&S £49.50
Primark £15


Statement chunky boots are always in this time of year. Florals, metallics and velvets seem to be the in thing (Primark are also stocking fluffy boots, which I'm not hating).  Me and my mum must have spent a good five minutes gawping at the M&S boots in store last week, the floral design is absolutely stunning and worth every penny! If you're looking for new shoes and have a bigger budget, those are the ones! However, if you're budget is smaller, Primark is the place to go. I own these blue velvet shoes and oh my god they are perfect. Stylish, comfortable and on trend, everything you could ask for in a pair of boots!


Topshop £65.00


New Look £22.99

I wear my wide leg trousers a lot and I'm actually looking for a second pair, I've had my eye on the super high waisted Topshop ones since they came in but I'm not sure I can justify spending £65 on them at the moment. I tried them on and the only downside to them is I'd have to wear heals with them all the time, apart from that they're perfect! If you're looking for something unique and on a higher budget, these trousers are what you need. I can see that they aren't to everyone's taste and would definitely be out of some people's comfort zones but as a lover of seventies glam rock fashion, they're right up my street. When they go on sale I might have to make a cheeky purchase! 

The second pair from New Look are very on trend right now. With the gorgeous rich, winter colour and glamorous velvet material you can't go wrong. They are definitely flexible and could be dressed up and down for any event. I'd pair them with a turtleneck or chunky jumper and some trainers or heeled boots (depending on the occasion). 



Urban Outfitters £36.00


H&M £17.99


Last but not least I have been loving the sparkly jumpers! When is there a time more appropriate for a glittery jumper than winter. Urban outfitters have got it spot on with their sparkly, long sleeved tops! They have quite a few in store but I think the rainbow detail in this one is particularly eye catching, setting it aside from the rest. I also think it would look really cute tucked into the high waisted Topshop trousers! Finally, this H&M jumper is really beautiful, the picture doesn't show how amazing the glitter is but if you see it in store you'll understand why I like it so much. They have it in lots of different colours and it really works to make a cosy outfit a little bit more original, fun and stylish. 

I'd really like to know what you've been loving in store at the moment, leave me a comment or tweet me @ alicerhodesblog . Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the post!

Happy Blogmass!


Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment