Autumn Wardrobe








It's that time of year when we reach for the burnt oranges, mustards and warm burgundies; layer to our hearts delight and buy way too many coats from Topshop and Zara in an attempt to look like an Instagram star casually strolling down the high street, Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand, of course. The minute it turns September we are all invested in having a Pinterest worthy seasonal wardrobe, one filled with jumpers, turtle necks, knee socks and joyous woodland animal prints. Autumn isn't a time for trends, it's a time for going back to our old ways, pulling out the sweater we've had for half our lives and feeling, in one word, cosy. This means over the past years we've all collected an exhibitions worth of clothes ready to be pulled out and styled for the ultimate autumn outfit. I've styled three of my typical outfits for this time of year, using what I'd class as September/October essentials.

Starting with the first photos, my corduroy dinosaur dungaree dress is from a vintage shop near where I live. It's really cool and I haven't seen anyone wearing one like it apart from my sister, yes, we did buy the same thing but I'd just like to say, I'm the one who loves dinosaurs. It was quite pricey at £38 but I'll definitely be getting my wear out of it as long as it still fits! I layered it over a green turtle neck which I bought from Topshop a few years ago, admittedly it's starting to loose it's shape but I'm not quite ready to let go of my beloved autumn piece. I'll probably end up keeping it until it gets a hole! The knee socks are just from Primark- you can never have too many pairs.

The second look is a little more bold and really makes a statement when I wear it. The star of the show has to be my wide leg Topshop trousers. They ooze seventies glamour and make me look tall and slender, which is never a bad thing! I've owned them for a good few years now and honestly, I'm not bored of them. Styled casual or dressed up they've never failed me! The turtle neck is the same as the green but in red. My vintage Levi denim jacket is brilliant for this time of year, not to warm but stops the wind from freezing you. It also tones down the trousers making it a more everyday look.

The last look has a nice sixties edge with the bold floral print and A-line mini skirt. For a more cosy feel I've added a large jumper on top which I got for around £5 from a charity shop- bargain! Once again I've gone for trusty knee socks to complete the look but I've mixed it up with some bold statement pompom earrings from Topshop- they add a bit of fun to this classic Autumn outfit and introduce a less classic pink colour.

There's definitely a theme to autumn outfits, style which screams comfort whilst looking evidently put together. Autumn is one of my favourite times of year for fashion and lifestyle, with that said I'm going to go put my fairy lights on, light a candle and watch some YouTube. I hope you enjoyed this post and took inspiration from my looks!

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment