The Piece Hall + Outfit of the Day






For those of you who aren't aware The Piece Hall is a grade one listed Cloth Hall dating from 1779 in Halifax. It has recently been refurbished with an aim to create a new cultural area within Halifax whilst preserving the building's original beauty. It's only just opened so me and my family went to have a look around. The building is totally stunning on a summers day and has such a relaxing atmosphere with children running around playing and eating ice cream from Blondin's Ice Cream Parlour, if you ever go I recommend the Biscotto ice cream as it was delicious! There was lots of independent shops to look around, small art galleries, cafes, restaurants and rooms containing more information on the history of The Piece Hall and how they restored it. As it has only just opened not all the shops have been filled and there's still multiple restaurants and cafes waiting to open however, give it a few months and I think it will start to fill up. 

We were lucky to go to The Piece Hall on a brilliant summers day so I decided to put on a summer dress and make the most of the weather. I recently found this stunning lacy, lilac midi dress in the Topshop sales for only £10, it just goes to show labouring your way through a sale rail definitely pays off as you can find some amazing clothes for less than half their original price! I paired it with some Clarkes gladiator sandals, a H&M silver handbag which was actually my prom clutch bag and an Asos embroidered denim jacket which I cheekily borrowed from my sisters wardrobe. To accessorise I wore some Topshop hoop earrings with a tiny star detail, a tiny H&M necklace with a little moon on and a Whitby jet ring from a jewellers in Whitby. I think this was definitely a winning summer look and the cut of the dress made the outfit classy and timeless. I've attached some extra photos of the dress I took at home because I didn't take many of my outfit when I was in The Piece Hall (sorry about the bad quality images). 





Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment