Nottingham: What I Wore (part two)






My last post covered my travel look- check it out if you missed it. But what did I where whilst adventuring to all the independent shops in Nottingham? Possibly one of the most 'art student' looks I've ever worn. I paired my vintage faux fur leopard print coat with my new Topshop midi dress, Clarks trainers and Urban Outfitters rucksack. The overall look made quite a big statement and I'm not sure everyone would wear it but I think it had a bit of a 'seventies glam' edge to it. As, in my opinion, the seventies had the best fashion ever, I think the look was brilliant. 

If comfort is your thing, this look definitely served. Don't get me wrong I love a good chunky heeled, statement boot and I have quite the collection to satisfy my love of quirky shoes but some days are trainer days and walking around Nottingham all day, is a trainer day. Clarks have some gorgeous trainers and pumps out at the moment, the colour schemes are perfect, the designs are flawless and they're so comfy! I wear them a lot and they haven't worn out yet so it's safe to say I'm chuffed with them!

Continuing with comfort, in my opinion it doesn't get more comfy than a dress, better than that a dress long enough to not wear tights without being too cold. Midi dresses. Topshop have a lot of them out at the moment, ranging from relaxed day-wear (like the one I have on) to green velvet and black lace party season midi dresses (Yes, they have that in store right now. Yes, you do need one). I'm putting it out there, midi dresses are ultimate way to feel comfortable whilst looking classy. Tanya Burr is the best example of this, her closet is full of them- does she ever have a bad fashion day, nope.

Overall my outfit was practical and stylish as hell (assuming you don't hate leopard print or midi dresses) and it got me through a whole day of waltzing around Nottingham exploring the cute little independent stores with my sister! Hope you enjoyed this post, look forward to exciting things in December on my blog *cough* Twelve days of Blogmass *cough*.


(photos taken by Emily Rhodes Instagram @ emilyrhodesb )

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment