Best on the Highstreet: Boots


Topshop £89.00, Topshop £79.00, Zara £79.99, Zara £49.99, Topshop £89, Zara £55.99, Urban Outfitters £68.00

One of my favourite parts of an Autumn shopping trip is wandering through the shoe section, drooling over the gorgeous boots. I've always been a fan of glam rock, not just for the music but for the ground breaking fashion icons such as Bowie and Marc Bolan. For the past few years the boots we've been seeing in stores have reminded me of the jaw-dropping platforms often worn by glam rock stars.

 The collection of boots I've picked out as my favourites online so far are no exception of this. Each year it seems that the 'winter boot' is being pushed too new limits. Heels are no longer for function, they're a statement feature of the boot. Circular, transparent, contrasting or angular. Not one style is overriding. Cowboy, platform and Chelsea all sit next to each other on one shelf. Almost anything goes but one thing is clear, a quirky boot is a stylish boot. 

My personal style tip would be don't settle for something that complements the outfit. Pick a boot that makes the outfit. Wearing a full length floral dress? Look to Suki Waterhouse for inspiration. Why put on your black boots, when you can wear your knee high snake skin boots? 

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment