Trend Alert: Windbreakers






The Vogue trends section is a godsent. I like to wear the occasional trend but I often find they don't fit into my personal style and they come from Instagram rather than the catwalk, so when there's a trend that truly originated from the catwalk, I. Love. It. For example, Kitten Heals are a big trend at the moment and everyone is doing them! Windbreakers however, are slightly different. They made their comeback through apps such as Depop, thrifting and the 80's/90's revival. Interestingly, they've made it onto the catwalk now with designers such as Valentino, NO 21 and Anya Hindmarch all jumping on the bandwagon. 

Whilst doing a spot of thrifting myself I came across this gorgeous pastel windbreaker. It's bright, fun and exactly what this tend is all about. If you're as obsessed with this windbreaker as I am you're in luck because it's up for sale on my Depop for £25 which is a total bargain compared to the ones you're going to start seeing in the stores! There's a link to my store above!

Three things I've noticed about styling this trend include:

1. Keep it zipped. Wear it more as a dress than a coat, obviously have something underneath but when out and about, keep that zip right to the top. Allow it to take over your figure rather than being tight to your curves. For best effect pick a more oversized coat.

2.Show some skin! Keep anything under the windbreaker short or, if you aren't as comfortable with your legs out, go for a see-through/tulle midi skirt. This adds a more sophisticated and elegant edge to the glorified raincoat. You could wear it with jeans but it would be a lot more casual.

3. Let the windbreaker do the talking. Don't over-do it with accessories, keep them in a similar colour palette and choose dainty pieces such as kitten heals to contrast the bulky coat.

That's my mini guide to this SS18 trend, I hope you got some ideas on how to style the windbreaker that's been sat in your coat closet since the 1990's. Check out my blog for more posts like this and my social media for little snippets of my day to day life! Have a nice weekend!

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment