Trend Alert: Dark Denim








I was reading Vogue's Snapchat feature a few weeks ago and came across an article highlighting up and coming trends. One of them, which linked into the western 'cowboy' trend, was dark denims. I have seen lots of photos of women looking amazing in dark jeans in the past and assumed they would soon be the in thing, however, I haven't actually seen it dominating the fashion industry yet. Knowing that it's likely to become more prominent over 2018 I decided to buy some dark blue Urban Outfitters 'flood' jeans. It's important to note by dark I don't mean black, it's more of a 90's natural indigo dye. What I really love about dark denims is how the stitching contrasts the material. The lines created give the garments a minimal style, the subtle white stitching is enough to finish of a look. Of course, I couldn't just leave my outfit as jeans and a t-shirt, it's just not my style. So I paired the dark denim with a baby pink top with 'love' embellished on and I layered it with a turtleneck in a deep shade of purple.

There's lot's of ways you can style this trend: jackets, jeans, coats or even accessories, but I went for a pair of jeans. I personally prefer wide leg or mom jeans oppose to skinny jeans at the moment so the Urban Outfitter's 'flood' jeans were exactly what I was looking for! They fit really nice and unlike lots of cropped jeans they don't make my legs look short. At £50 I think they are on the pricier side however with student discount and a jean sale I got them for £36 (I was particularly pleased with myself). I do think they're worth their original price because of how comfortable they are and how perfectly they fit my body. 

So if you're looking for a new jacket or pair of jeans, choose the indigo dyes with 90's nostalgia written all over them. If you liked this post follow my bloglovin for more and check out my social media links! Want to know more about this outfit? Tweet me @ alicerhodesblog or leave me a comment below!

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment