Party Season: My Top Picks


It's that time of year when you're either buying winter coats and cosy jumpers or over-the-top sparkly dresses that you're bound to freeze to death in waiting for your lift after the party. I went shopping a few days ago and my god have the high street stores got Christmas party looks nailed. Whether it's luxurious velvet or garish sequins they've got us covered and I couldn't be more happy about it. I thought it would be fun to pick a few of my favourites from the high street stores to show you!

(please note that all the photos below have been taken directly from the stores websites, I do not own any of them)


Urban Outfitters dress £66.00

It's safe to say Urban Outfitters know how to make a good party dress. All year round they sell the most outrageously beautiful slip dresses, but for Christmas there's nothing better than a sparkle and this multi-coloured sequin covered dress will certainly be turning heads! I'm obsessed. It's bold yet subtle with delicate straps leading from a high neck line to a low back; paired with some statement boots this look would be a killer.


Topshop jumpsuit £46.00

Topshop always provide when you're looking for a more sophisticated look and this gold jumpsuit screams Hollywood glammer. The plunging halter neck is perfectly balanced out by the classy leg length, leaving a stunning winter look. I'd style this with a faux fur coat and some simple heals, just like Topshop have, for a jaw-dropping evening look. 


H&M dress £39.99

This dress has a subtle nod to the eighties with slightly puffed out shoulders and a chic silhouette, to me it screams 'badass woman'. Paired with sleeked back hair, an oversized leather jacket and thigh high boots this dress will make the ultimate statement. The high neck, long sleeves, bold fabric and flawless cut out back create the perfect party dress for this season. 


New Look dress £33.74 (down from £44.99)

You'll definitely be kissed under the mistletoe in this breath taking slip dress. It's elegant, young and covered in sequins, what could be better! The floral detail is uncommon for party dresses at this time of year but I don't hate it, in fact I think this design is gorgeous and looks far more expensive than the price it is. This dress paired with some chunky baby-pink velvet heels and a floor length faux fur coat would make the ultimate party look, one worthy of a Gucci catwalk.

Primark dress £15.00

Last but not least, trusty Primark have brought out a range of must-have dresses for really reasonable prices. This simple little black dress is timeless and versatile, styled correctly it will definitely look different every time you wear it. Unique from the average LBD, this Primark slip has a sparkle tassel detail all over it, adding a bit more intrigue to the simple number. Styled with anything from an oversized denim jacket to a fur coat this dress will look festive until the end of time!

That's it! As it's already quite a long post (I hope you like reading!) I have only covered main pieces rather than styling out whole looks. I really enjoyed writing this so I think I'll be doing stuff like it again, leave a comment if you're interested.

Happy Blogmas!


Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment