Christmas Decorations (2017)








 I'm a firm believer that Christmas decorations should go up on the first of December, if that's not possible, they need to go up the first weekend in December. If you don't get them up soon enough, you don't get the comfort of a Christmas house for long enough! Comfort is what Christmas is all about for me and personally my favourite style is traditional reds, greens and golds. I also own a lot of Ikea decorations which give my tree a bit of a Scandinavian feel but still maintain the classic red colour!  

I'm aware I am about to sound ridiculous, in my bedroom I have a full sized fake tree. To clarify, I didn't go out and buy one for my room, it's one we previously used in our dinning room but don't have space for in our new house soooooooo I asked if it could go in my room (I might be obsessed with Christmas!). I've built up quite the collection of Ikea baubles, such as Santas, mushrooms and birds; special baubles with memories attached to them such as ice skates, home-made hearts and little woodland animals; things my mum had most her life and let me 'borrow' for my tree and, this years addition, an angle to sit proudly on top of my not-so-little tree!

I always place presents I've bought for my friends and family at the bottom of the tree to cover up the *cough* ugly *cough* base. Then in the rest of my room I hang up my stocking, display my advent calendar and get out my family of Santa teddies. This year, taking inspiration from Zoella's extreme Christmas decorations addiction, I also bought the most adorable bedding from ASDA it's covered in cute little bambi's, candy canes and Christmas trees.  

My top advise for decorating this season is to keep it united, have a set colour scheme and make it flow throughout the house and use it every year. I'm aware that you'll have to make a biggggg decision on what style you will want for the next few years or even decades BUT it will totally be worth it! You'll collect special baubles and ornaments that have stories and memories and you'll build up a collection of decorations that all match and fill up the house so it doesn't look mix-match or empty.  

This post is getting lengthy now so I'm going to leave it here! I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment, I'd like to see your tree's this year (twitter @ alicerhodesblog ) Happy Blogmas Xx  





Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment