Trends on a Budget: Red







It's fairly obvious now that red is this seasons 'it' colour. Therefore, for a day out with my family I decided to continue on my monochromatic adventures wearing almost head to toe red, however, I'm not prepared to buy a jumper double the price of all the others in store just because it's red so I put together a very reasonably priced outfit that looked eye catching and classy in a simplistic way. 

Starting with my top this classic cut turtle neck style jumper is from M&S for £14. I've owned it for about two or three years now, the colour hasn't faded and the material hasn't shrunk or stretched. It's a fairly timeless cut so I imagine they still stock the exact same jumper, if not they'll have one very similar. The jumper is extremely flattering and really easy to style casual and dress up so it's a fairly versatile piece which will remain stylish for years to come. 

Next up is my amazing skirt which I got for £8, it's in a plastic style material which gives the skirt an eye catching finish. My friend purchased the exact same skirt in black which looked equally cool, we later found pretty much the same black skirt in Topshop for nearly triple the price so I think we got a total bargain! What I completely forgot to get a photo of is the ring zip detail on the back of the skirt which makes the piece a little bit more unique and intriguing.

I put on a matte red lip to finalize the look, it's a models own liquid lipstick- check out my last post for a more in-depth review on it. Then I slipped on some black ankle boots, a black leather satchel and some tights because it's not quite warm enough for bare legs anymore! I wasn't wearing a coat as we've had a fairly nice weekend for Autumn but I was planning to style this look with my leopard print faux fur coat which would have added an extra bit of glammer to my outfit.

I hope you enjoyed this post and got a bit of inspiration from it. Follow my blog for more fashion, lifestyle and beauty posts and check out my social medias! I'd like to see how you're styling this seasons trends- tweet me @ alicerhodesblog 

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment