Styling a Bold Print.










One of my favourite things to do is find out when the next vintage fair is coming to town and hop on a bus in search of the perfect retro print. You can always find a shirt from the 70' or an oversized denim jacket but you've really got to devote time to rummaging through miles of clothes to find the perfect pieces for your wardrobe.

 This 60' jacket/dress is a great example of how spending time searching can result in getting an amazing piece for your wardrobe. It is a beautiful statement piece in my wardrobe and really adds interest to a dull outfit. In this look I've styled my gorgeous jacket with a pair of vintage Levi shorts, a black Topshop vest top and some vintage heels I found in a vintage shop nearby my house for only £20, total bargain. For a more winter appropriate outfit (seen as though we've entered September and the temperature has decided to drop ten degrees) I'd wear my denim jacket over the 60' jacket with a turtle neck, denim skirt and tights underneath. 

When I wear a bold patterned piece I like to keep the rest of my look fairly simple so I don't take the attention away from the print. Having said that, I'm not against lots of colour and the occasional clashing floral print- you just have to make sure you look like a Gucci model rather than a supply teacher! My best advise for buying a vintage print , if you don't usually wear them, is to not be afraid of going out in a pattern or style that isn't currently on trend. If you like the pattern and feel confident in your outfit then you'll look good! 

Photography by @ oli_415 (Instagram)

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice





alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment