AW18 hats, scarfs, gloves | Best on the Highstreet

Winter can create challenges when it comes to styling outfits due to the unpredictable, but usually freezing, weather. Making sure your outfit is both practical and stylish is often difficult. One element I personally forget isn't just there for keeping me warm, and can in fact be a key feature of my outfit, is hats, scarfs and gloves! 

I'll be the first to admit my collection consists of a black knit hat with a faux fur pom pom, a pair of grey gloves from Morrisons and a neutral check scarf from M&S. It's very simple, practical and although not at all unstylish, there was hardly a conscious decision to purchase a stylish set that adds depth and interest to my outfit.

Therefore, as one of my Blogmas posts this year, I've decided to write a 'best on the highstreet' for hats, scarves and gloves! Below I have created five sets that range from comfy streetwear to more formal pieces perfect for looking glamorous and warm!

Topshop Hat £14.00, Urban Outfitters Gloves £15.00, Topshop Scarf £26.00


This is certainly one of the more glamorous looks on the post. The colours I've opted for have rich hues that create an elegant ambiance, this is complimented by the contrast of the faux fur beret and luxurious velvet scarf.

Urban Outfitters Scarf £26.00, Urban Outfitters Gloves £16.00, Urban Outfitters Hat £16.00

Together these three pieces are playful and youthful. I can almost envision Kevin McCallister wearing this set- it has old-fashioned, vintage vibes written all over it. You wont fail to feel warm wearing these chunky knit pieces and they'd look perfect on a winter walk in the woods.

Urban Outfitters Hat £16.00, Zara  Scarf £25.99, Zara Gloves £29.99

This look is very trend lead with the leopard print scarf being the main feature. I think the deep maroons and greens are very classy, sophisticated colours that compliment the more stylised shape of the beret. Overall, this look is perfect for styling up and down! 


Topshop Hat £14.00, Zara Scarf £25.99, Urban Outfitters Gloves £15.00


I wanted to throw a look with vibrant colours into the mix because I do enjoy wearing a pop of colour in the winter months. This set oozes energy with bright colours and the miss match patterns. Overall it's wonderfully fun and would most certainly stand out in a crowd.


Zara Scarf £17.99, Urban Outfitters Gloves £15.00, Zara Hat £17.99

This final look give's me a very 'London Chic' vibe. I think we all own a baker boy hat from summer and the scarf and gloves are timeless pieces that can be found just about anywhere- its easy to recreate and will look effortlessly stylish on.

There's my favourite pieces this season, leave me a comment on what you'd like to read next and tell me which set is your favourite! Thanks for reading, my other links are listed below! Happy Blogmas!

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment