Summer Style OOTD








Hello! Long time no see (or should I say read). I've not blogged in a while but you'll be glad to know with a visit to my sisters Uni and a mini photoshoot in the streets of Nottingham, which are really unique and perfect for pictures, I feel ready to put out more content that I enjoy making!

To kick off my return to blogging I thought I'd write a little OOTD of one of the outfits I wore in England's mini heatwave. Starting from the top, I wore this adorable little vest top from Primark that was only £3! It's affordable, cute, unique and really easy to style but makes my average top and shorts look a bit more Urban Outfitters than 'couldn't be bothered'. If you take anything from this post it's that you need to get to Primark and embrace their bright, colourful range because it is so much nicer than what they've been putting out recently. The shorts are a vintage find that I got at a 'weigh and pay' £15 kilo sale. A cut of pair of denim shorts belongs in every woman's wardrobe because its easy to wear, looks effortlessly cool and keeps you cool when it's hot outside! 

Onto accessories, the star of the show is clearly my Topshop bright orange bum bag! It's a daring high fashion statement piece take directly from the catwalks and barely played with. Yes, there's been a revival of the sporty bum bags in vintage stores and Depop but this structural, smart bag is innovatively cool. Designers have taken something previously worn by middle aged men for practicality and given it a whole new look and I have to say, for me, it's a winner.

My sunglasses were also a more 'out there' choice. While everyone is going small with the revival of 90's eyewear, I unfortunately don't really suit tiny little glasses so I'm going big! I'm talking 60's twiggy glasses that cover 90% of the face and really grab the attention of passers by. I got my sparkly, square, pink sunglasses from New Look for a bargain 50p (on sale...... obviously) and they have collected more compliments than the rest of my wardrobe put together. They're a bit of a Gucci moment and I have to say even I didn't know whether to put them down and walk away when I was trying them on in the store but I'm sure glad I purchased them!

I think that's all I have to say about this little summer outfit! If you enjoyed this post as much as the heatwave we've been having, leave me a comment about your go-to summer outfits and share my post! Check out my social media below ad have a lovely day,




Alice  Xx

Subscribe via Bloglovin

Follow my social media:




alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment