Christmas Wrapping Ideas


I personally love buying people gifts, seeing their reactions when they get their presents but most of all: wrapping the gifts! I know some people can't stand wrapping gifts or find it really hard but I think it is one of the most enjoyable tasks this time of year (I'm aware how sad I sound!). 



 Every year me, my sister and my mum head off to Ikea to buy wrapping paper, this year they have some really bright, playful paper with lots of woodland animals. I think this paper is fun and I haven't seen stuff like it anywhere else. Although I'm only giving prezzies to my friends/family this paper would definitely work well for younger children's presents too! To add interest I've tied some red and white rope in a bow around the gift and added a little 'Do Not Open Until December 25' label. You can find decorative pieces like rope and labels in all stores at all prices, my main advise is choose a colour scheme so that your wrapping all matches and pick classy, subtle pieces rather than garish over-the-top finishing touches. 

This second gift is for my mum so I chose a more classic, traditional colour scheme and paper. As always the wrapping paper is from Ikea- honestly if you've never been to the Ikea Christmas section you need to get yourself down there. It's just a subtle mistletoe/foliage pattern but it's really lovely and has a bit of a Scandinavian feel to it.

To decorate, I've used some brown and red rope to tie a bow around the present and a small Christmas Card with reindeer silhouettes on it for my label, another wrapping tip is to not always use things for what they're meant to be- a small card can make an excellent label! What really makes this wrapping stand out is the little Nut Cracker soldier bauble I've attached to the bow! You could use any type of bauble for this idea, it does push the price of the gift up a bit but it adds another small treat your friends can keep for life!

I've only shown two examples of how I'll be wrapping gifts this year, I try to make all my wrapping unique and fun (I could talk about wrapping all day!) I hope you've drawn some inspiration from these examples- I'd love to hear your wrapping tips and tricks- leave a comment below! Happy Blogmas!


Alice Xx


Follow my social media:


Alice

alice rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment